Blender: les notes de dévellopement du week-end.

par Lapineige

publié dans 3D , Blender , Notes de développement de Blender

Ça y est la RC2 est là ! Télécharger la içi: http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.69/.

Dernier week-end avant les vacances pour certains... Êtes-vous impatients de vous adonnez à votre loisir informatique préféré sur Blender 2.69 ?

Et bien raté la 2.69 ne sortira pas cette semaine, mais la RC 2 (release candidate), avec tout un tas de bugs corrigés, ne va pas tarder !

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) 2.69 Release Candidate status

- Campbell Barton will gather fixes that would go to the RC branch. He'll propose this tomorrow on this mailing list.

- Tuesday (possibly) we then call for another RC Ahoy, for a second release candidate.

- Splash for RC2 should be updated too. Campbell proposes to find a way to handle it by code (not committing pngs each time).

2) Next release - plans for 2.70

- A refresh or changes in UI startup defaults will be handled during the next weeks. Final proposal is not expected until week after Blender Conference. (Which is in 2 weeks already).

- Because of the upcoming conference, we propose to not move to "BCon2" (which is "release targets defined") before November 3. Might even be later.

- We also need time to check with the Google Summer of Code students which branches can be migrated over to trunk.

- Sergey Sharybin: his "threaded update" branch is almost ready for trunk!

- Howard Trickey mentions his student (Sketch Mesh) also started a review with him for inclusion in trunk.

- We also will be able to tackle compatibility issues for 2.70 (like texface, nodes, ...). That might mean that files saved in 2.7x versions won't read fully compatible in 2.6x versions - with a warning on load.

We will first collect all compatibility issues here in wiki for further review:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/Compatibility_Breaking

- Meeting ended with discussion about the menu option "reset to default value" in the UI, which seems to have issues still - mostly because it's not well defined what the default is - or where a default is being defined. Brecht and Campbell will work together on finding a good solution for it.

Laters,

-Ton-

Blender Foundation

En résumé:

Pour la 2.69:

  • La release candidate n° 2 de la version 2.69 ne tardera pas: cette semaine très certainement, peut être jeudi. A la clé, plein de bugs corrigés (vous en avez remarqué sur la RC 1 ? Vite reportez-les, sinon on aura droit à une RC 3 ! °_°). Ce message sera mise à jour une fois qu'elle sera sortie. Abonnez vous pour être au courant au plus vite !

Pour la 2.70:

  • Les devellopeurs travailleront dans les prochaines semaines sur des modifcations de l'interface utilisateur par défaut: en gros des préférences par défauts.
  • Ils regarderont également quels GSoC sont prêts à intégrés. Patience, patience...
  • La branche "threaded update" de Sergey Sharybin est prête à être intégrée dans le trunk.
  • A cause de la Blender Conference, ils ne passeront pas en "BCon2" (la période ou les objectifs de la prochaine version sont fixés) avant au moins le 3 Novembre.
  • Les dévellopeurs réfléchissent actuellement sur les améliorations de la 2.70 qui pouraient casser la compatibilité entre les 2.7x et les 2.6x. Elles sont résumés içi.

-----------------

Et la version avec liens cliquables:

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) 2.69 Release Candidate status

- Campbell Barton will gather fixes that would go to the RC branch. He'll propose this tomorrow on this mailing list.

- Tuesday (possibly) we then call for another RC Ahoy, for a second release candidate.

- Splash for RC2 should be updated too. Campbell proposes to find a way to handle it by code (not committing pngs each time).

2) Next release - plans for 2.70

- A refresh or changes in UI startup defaults will be handled during the next weeks. Final proposal is not expected until week after Blender Conference. (Which is in 2 weeks already).

- Because of the upcoming conference, we propose to not move to "BCon2" (which is "release targets defined") before November 3. Might even be later.

- We also need time to check with the Google Summer of Code students which branches can be migrated over to trunk.

- Sergey Sharybin: his "threaded update" branch is almost ready for trunk!

- Howard Trickey mentions his student (Sketch Mesh) also started a review with him for inclusion in trunk.

- We also will be able to tackle compatibility issues for 2.70 (like texface, nodes, ...). That might mean that files saved in 2.7x versions won't read fully compatible in 2.6x versions - with a warning on load.

We will first collect all compatibility issues here in wiki for further review:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/Compatibility_Breaking

- Meeting ended with discussion about the menu option "reset to default value" in the UI, which seems to have issues still - mostly because it's not well defined what the default is - or where a default is being defined.
Brecht and Campbell will work together on finding a good solution for it.

Laters,

-Ton-
Blender: les notes de dévellopement du week-end.
Commenter cet article